Author Topic: When All Else Fails  (Read 226 times)

Kentexcitebot

• Software Glitcher
  • Administrator
  • Scientology Minister
  • Reputation +7/-2
  • Hato / SuSe
    • View Profile
When All Else Fails
« on: February 05, 2012, 08:05:36 pm »
"My problem has not been solved, where do I go now?"

The first place to try is the Armagetron Support section on the Armagetron Forums, where a great many problems have been discussed and solved. Please remember to read the welcome post.

Alternatively, you might like to see if there is anyone around in the IRC Channel.

Remember, you are the one requesting help, so be polite.

"What should I do to increase my chances of getting help?"

First off, there's a particularly useful 'Search' facility, which is linked to at the top of all forum pages. It is easy and powerful to use, and often will turn up an answer without any delay.

Secondly, provide enough correct information. This is a simple task that will save a lot of trouble for anyone trying to help you.

-  What operating system are you running?
    -  Which version of the client / server are you having problems with?
    -  What error messages do you get?
    -  If starting up a server, what's your IP address?
       ... and so on.

"What is this IRC channel thing?"

Internet Relay Chat (IRC) is a type of real-time internet 'chat room', where group communications can take place in different rooms or 'channels'. For more information and how to use the Armagetron channel, have a look at the IRC Channel page found here: http://wiki.armagetronad.org/index.php/IRC_Channel.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 07:42:20 pm by Kentexcitebot »
"A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road."
- Henry Ward Beecher

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter